Wednesday, 6 November 2013

The infamous Balenciaga boots ou le retour des écrase-merdes


Garance Doré politely translated what we Froggies call 'écrase-merdes' as 'machines guns', but make no mistake dear reader, the real translation actually is 'step on dog shit shoes'. True story. Écrase-merdes were huge when I was 13, I felt so cool wearing them. But in 2013, the story was completely different. I nearly puked when I first saw the infamous Balenciaga cut-out boots, and if you'd asked me what I thought about them, I would have answered 'I wouldn't be seen dead wearing them'. Six months later, the story has changed, or maybe my eyes stopped bleeding and I saw them worn so often that I changed my mind. Now I want them. Badly. I'm even prepared to be mocked and hear that they are fucking horrible. Indeed they are, but I want my écrase-merdes, and you won't stop me. Problem is, I can't really spend 1 250€ on a pair of shoes, and up until now, the alternatives had been pretty shitty (all apologies for my scatological speech, I'm getting carried away). HOWEVER, I might have found a pretty good alternative, but I won't say anything until I receive them, because I had to pre-order them for the first time in my life, and I want to see them before I tell you if they're any good (they're 10 times cheaper). You should hear about my écrase-merdes in the next few weeks... One thing is sure though: they will be perfect to go for a walk with the kids (lots of dog pooh around in France)!

Garance Doré a récemment parlé du retour des écrase-merdes et son article m'a fait rire, car cela faisait plus de 20 ans que je n'avais pas entendu ce terme. Les écrase-merdes étaient à la mode quand j'avais 13 ans, je me trouvais trop cool quand je portais les miennes (des Paraboots si ma mémoire est bonne). Mais en 2013, l'histoire fut quelque peu différente. J'ai failli vomir la première fois que j'ai vu les bottines ouvertes de Balenciaga, et si vous m'aviez demandé ce que j'en pensais, je vous aurais répondu que je ne voudrais pas être vue avec ces horreurs aux pieds, même morte. Six mois plus tard, l'histoire a changé, ou alors mes yeux ont cessé de saigner et je les ai tellement vues portées que j'ai changé d'avis. Maintenant je les veux. Tellement, que ça fait mal. Je suis même prête à affronter les moqueries en tout genre et à entendre qu'elles sont super affreuses, mais vous ne m'arrêterez pas. Je veux mes écrase-merdes. Le problème, c'est que je n'ai pas vraiment 1 250€ à dépenser pour une paire de chaussures, et jusqu'à présent, les ersatz ont vraiment été merdiques (pardonnez mon langage scatologique, je suis lancée sur le sujet). CEPENDANT, j'aurais peut-être trouvé un modèle satisfaisant, mais je ne dirai rien avant de les avoir reçues. J'ai dû les pré-commander, une première, mais je veux les voir avant de vous donner mon avis (elles sont dix fois moins chères). Vous devriez en entendre parler dans les semaines qui viennent... Une chose est sûre, elles seront parfaites pour aller me promener avec mes filles!

Ashley Madweke wearing écrase-merdes (she would look good wearing a bin liner)/Ashley Madweke portant des écrase-merdes (elle serait belle dans un sac poubelle)

 Slim legs and écrase-merdes/Jambes minces portant des écrase-merdes

Top model wearing écrase-merdes on the beach (you never know, she might step on seal poop)/Mannequin portant des écrase-merdes sur la plage (on ne sait jamais, un phoque a peut-être fait caca dans le sable)

Bloggers and Ashley Olsen wearing écrase-merdes (or is it Mary-Kate? Anyway, why is she slouching like she's a hundred years old?) / Blogueuses et Ashley Olsen portant des écrase-merdes (ou alors c'est Mary-Kate, mais pourquoi marche-t-elle comme si elle avait 100 ans?)

55 comments:

  1. La je dois dire que je suis pas trop trop fan....
    http://lesgnousduchapelier.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS BOOTS GREAT RECOPILATION POST ! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. After seeing them to much on the blogs, I still love them! <3

    Tao of Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are very popular boots, although they aren't for me. I hope you like your cheaper alternative pair when they arrive! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. heuuu original!!

    http://leblogdelareveuse.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oui, c'est vrai qu'elles sont jolies... Moi aussi je me vois bien avec...
    Bisous,
    Caro

    http://lemondedecaroline.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m still not sure about them. same story with birkenstocks.

    - VIENNA WEDEKIND -

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What can I say? ... intimidates me! Love it@
    Great post! I congratulate the ability and talent to curiosity to me!
    I will always be coming back for more: *


    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the post!

    www.blackandwhitemakesgrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post darl
    kisses from Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! :)
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know :)
    http://astbakay.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those boots!
    Their is a giveaway on my blog!
    www.lcnoir.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, they are pretty much amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice inspo. xa

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great inspirational pictures!! In love with those shoes! :)

    Feel free to visit my blog as well if you wish! <3

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Blog Post: 10 Habits That Will Help You Succeed

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yet another really great style post dear. This one made want to see the next one already.

    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts, a Lifestyle Blog by Kenny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great boots and amazing photos!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this post! Thank you for acknowledging how vile these things are. They make my eyes bleed. But I totally know about hating something at first and growing to love them...so maybe you will be the one to turn me around on these LOL

    Found you through Man Repeller comments...I am digging your blog!

    Jennifer Malcriada in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those Balenciagas, step on dog shit shoes is Stella McCartney fall2013 shoes for me! But in a few months I may like them. I love fashion because of this uncertainty

    http://fashmongers.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the way you have shown different looks with the same pair of boots!
    http://tickleyourvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. They are really original!
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook and on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was also on the edge about these shoes when I first saw them. Now, I'd nearly sell my kidney, although I opted for a different version of Alexander Wang's instead. I think they're so badass. I can't wait till you recieve them and make sure you post!!

    WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

    ReplyDelete
  23. this is amzing... carryin shoes with diffrent style..gr8 blog
    following you via GFC..

    http://glamforgood.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is such a great post, really made me chuckle :)

    I still haven't warmed yet to those shoes , especially now where I just can't leave without my warm socks but maybe you can change my mind about the écrase-merdes'!

    Have a nice day x

    Greetings from London,

    chrissabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Et toi, tu nous montre quand ta nouvelle coiffure?!?...
    Bisous,
    Caroline

    http://lemondedecaroline.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  26. C'est tendance mais perso, je ne suis pas hyper fan. Parce que je suis toute petite, toute menue et des grosses boots, ça ne m'irait pas! Je suis plutôt à la recherche de chaussures fines!
    Mais jolie sélection de photos en tout cas!
    Bisous

    Le monde des petites
    http://www.lemondedespetites.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I want these boots so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those boots are amazing! They look like you could go hacking through a jungle in search of adventure. Adorable!

    thoseghosts

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ho vraiment, j'aimerai vraiment l'acheter !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Haha, I've heard that there is dog shit all over France, Paris in particular but I can't say I agree. I lived in France for a year and I've been to Paris a lot of times and I've never come across that problem!

    There are loads of new trends that I've hated when they first came out but have grown to like!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. we absolutely adore these boots! we love the cutout detailing that lets you show off a bit of skin, perfect for fall. It's a shame it's spring in australia at the moment, because we would love to be rocking these.

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  33. These boots are amazing! Love the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Les chaussures de ma vie... Si tu en cherches des moins chères les Coltrane de Jeffrey Campbell sont pas mal ;)

    gurlzlikethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. "they will be perfect to go for a walk with the kids (lots of dog pooh around in France)!" LOL
    Tribute to the Tribe Paris
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loving those boots!!

    Xo,
    Gina
    http://eastcoastwestcoastfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh my sweet Mafalda. I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way about these shoes and I couldn't understand why everyone in the bloggersphere wore them. Of course I have changed my mind but I can't spend that much money on them anyway (not without losing my mind that is). Can't wait to see your alternative and of course I want to see your tartan coat badly. Hope you hubby gets well soon and your kids wil behave. I wish it was summer already.

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Those boots are my current obsession! I just love them too much!
    LAZYCATSTYLE

    ReplyDelete
  39. haha love how they are called 'step on dog shit shoes.' So true. Although you've turned for them, I have to say I still only think a very limited amount of the population can pull them off.

    xx Michelle
    http://salutmarinnn.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  40. The best boots of this year!
    www.whatsashawears.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Moi au début j'étais sceptique mais ils en font de très jolis modèles faut dire ce qui est
    Je me verrais bien avec aux pieds en tout cas
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  42. Isn't it how it always works, they bombard you and then you think they are the shitz, cool!
    I just started my blog. Come by, I think we could follow, that is how it works no?
    Kissz
    MOna
    www.hollywooddaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Seriously agree. There are so many things (pink coats!) that I didn't like at all when they first came out and then they slowly grew on me. Excited to see how the boots turn out. Fingers crossed they're as great as you hope they are. xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOW what an AWESOME post:) your blog is one of my favs. and of course i follow.

    Check out my post today..How to make your own gallery wall:)

    Have a great week pretty

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - The Swedish home decor blog

    ReplyDelete
  45. I like this shoes :)

    http://xoprimaxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  46. j'ai beaucoup sur les autres! Mais je pense pas que je tenterai sur moi ^^

    http://leblogdelareveuse.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little note about my post! I will read every comment and visit you blog in order to return the favour! Cheers!